As to things that we would like from home:
- Stuff to make beer! Primarily yeast and hops. Actually, if people send Champagne or wine yeast, we can get everything else necessary to make mead with local honey. For beer we would need malt extract (or actual grains), hops, and yeast. A homebrew store can point you in the right direction.
- Seeds (We have a garden. Many normal-to-us vegtables are hard to find seeds for. Chinese Cabbage would be sweet. If at all possible, we would prefer open-polinated varieties, not hybrids, because they seeds can be saved from the fruits and planted the next year)
- School supplies, mostly markers, nametags, colored pencils, masking tape, construction paper, glue sticks (we use a LOT of flipchart paper, but that doesn't travel well)
- Bug zappers (the tenis-racket thingers with electricity that kills bugs)
- Postcards! (we will need things to decorate our walls with, and if you send us a postcard we won't forget you!)
- New knitting things (can never have too many?)
- E-Books. We like reading, and the Peace Corps office here has a lot of books we can borrow, but e-books are easier to carry around.